Federal Realty Investment Trust is sourcing for an experienced Property Manager located in our San Jose, CA office and who will manage the operations of a portfolio in the East Bay area. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to utilize their experience to implement new and existing policies/procedures, set up controls and best practices within their assigned portfolio. The Property Manager will partner with the financial and strategic directors of the region to be able to enhance the portfolio’s value creation. The candidate must have past retail property management experience that will enable them to be influential in the areas of operations, tenant relations, security, procurement, contract management and risk management in order to achieve maximum productivity and profitability while maintaining the highest level of corporate standards. This person will have the highest level of personal integrity, intelligence and broad thinking characteristics to succeed.
- Develop and review annual property operating budgets, monitor all purchases and expenses to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with budget parameters, prepare monthly variance reports and quarterly budget reforecast reports.
- Create and maintain operations standards and procedures
- Create and implement a regional procurement program with effective contract management
- Develop and maintain positive tenant relations. Obtain tenant intel on sales and market comps
- Manage all controllable expenses within budget without compromising the portfolio’s integrity
- Develop and implement proactive strategies to resolve property operational and compliance-related challenges within portfolio
- Perform regular site inspections to assess physical property condition, compliance and overall administration
- Create and maintain long range capital improvements plans.
- Determine job specifications and competitively bid all large maintenance projects and service agreements
- Submit all routine reports including activity reports, variance reports, property inspections, roof inspections and lighting reports in a timely manner
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers in Tenant Coordination to expedite the completion of Landlord work, delivery of spaces to tenants and the opening of tenants for business
- Perform AR management via phone contacts, in person meetings and collections. Review and report status
- Responsible for processing of all payables associated with assigned portfolio in timely manner
- Oversee service providers responsible for the day-to-day operational needs of the shopping center including repair and maintenance, landscaping, housekeeping, waste removal, etc., ensuring that property standards are maintained
- Understand the significant issues affecting a property's performance. Implement programs or make recommendations to correct problems and enhance positive aspects of each property
- Must have a minimum of 4 - 7 years’ prior experience managing retail shopping centers
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office software
- Demonstrated experiencebudgeting, monitoring expenses, preparing monthly management and financialreports, and processing accounts payable
- Previous direct responsibility for negotiating and monitoring maintenance projects and service contracts
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.