Primary Purpose of Position:
Manage the property/portfolio to enhance long term value. Manage and provide day to day direction and supervision related to general operations and maintenance, life safety and security, loss prevention, tenant relations, landscaping, tenant construction and parking facilities.
- Develop the annual operating and capex budgets and implement the business plan at the property level including formulating and submitting quarterly accruals, budget reforecasts, providing explanations for variances and any requiredfinancialreporting.
- Manage and oversee capex projects in assigned properties as required.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with tenants, vendors and the local business community.
- Actively participate in the Collections process by regularly communicating with tenants and appropriate regional staff, providing support as required.
- Maintain frequent contact with tenants focusing on improving service delivery and client satisfaction.
- Maintain familiarity with all sections of leases related to operating provisions, services/additional services, expenses, tenants use and landlord’s obligations.
- Review tenant alteration plans prior to commencement of work and confirm all required documentation is obtained.
- Provide additional services to tenants and enhance work order revenue.
- Engage contractors and technical expertise to service the property in accordance with lease requirements and company standards.
- Solicit, negotiate and administer service contracts as required.
- Regularly inspect tenant spaces, mechanical areas, grounds and common areas of the property.
- Meet regularly with janitorial, maintenance and securitycontractors to review quality of work and adherence to contract specifications.
- Review and authorize purchase orders and payments to vendors in accordance with company policy.
- Provide supervision and direction of work assignments, training, performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Oversee timely execution of the BP Loss Control Program and Emergency Response Planning. Ensure employees are trained, drilled and materials are updated periodically.
- Investigate and report all accidents/property damage to appropriate management and authorities.
- Manage property level energy use and conservation efforts.
- Assist BP Leasing Group as required including conducting leasing tours.
- Monitor the status of vendor’s insurance certificate requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Company databases and informational/reporting tools.
- Attend and participate in BOMA and industry related meetings and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degreerequired. A concentration in business administration or real estate related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of property management experiencerequired. Prior Class A commercial office property management experience and familiarity with operating a multi-tenant office building strongly desired.
- Certification as Real Property Administrator (RPAâ) and/or Certified Property Manager (CPMâ) preferred.
- Continuing education toward LEED GA accreditation highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of local building and fire codes.
- Working knowledge of all building systems including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and vertical transportation.
- Working knowledge of security and life safety protocols.
- Ability to work independently and also as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities, and motivate others to do the same.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and use of resources.
- Proficiency with word processing, database and spreadsheet packages to include Word and Excel.
- Flexibility with schedule.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves work such as tours throughout property portfolio usually performed by walking and by climbing stairs.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
- Regularly required to bend and reach.
- Regularly use hands and fingers to write and type.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to crouch, climb stairs and ladders and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Occasionally exposed to vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Vision abilities allowing reading of printed material, graphics, computer displays and physical inspections of properties and sites.