Looking for a motivated self starting professional with real estate experience to manage the DTNA real estate portfolio. This includes finding and negotiating purchases, sales of existing lands, finding and negotiating new leased properties, and negotiating lease extensions.
- Help develop and implement strategies to meet DTNA facilities requirements.
- Develop plans, justifications, and business cases to support development of existing and new properties and buildings based on cost vs. need.
- Negotiate best lease and purchase options for properties based on current needs and market conditions working with real estate brokers.
- Negotiate best renew options for existing leases determined by need, market conditions and other factors.
- Prepare and propose lease vs. own analyses.
- Evaluate and propose strategies for own vs. lease vs. build to suit and other available strategies.
- Develop cost estimates, payback schedules, and feasibility comparisons for various alternatives.
- Work with real estate professionals and municipal land use authorities to evaluate and work with zoning regulations and limitations, and identify and utilize tax and other development incentives.
- Develop high level facilities plans for projects that include facility description, cost, timing, and ownership structure.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals for build to suit projects.
- Secure and evaluate market research in secondary markets.
- Develop and manage tenant improvement build out projects as needed.
- Work with municipalities and tax and other incentives for potential projects.
- Understand and propose energy certification programs including but not limited to LEED and Energy Star.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university and 6+ years of related experience required
- A degree focus in real estate or legal preferred
- An attached resume is required
- Strong working knowledge of real estate development business is required.
- Ability and experience to evaluate the technical requirements of a large and complex project, outline basic requirements, establish strategies, scope, and project budgets, and develop a project plan is required.
- Ability and experience to negotiate and work with real estate professionals, planning and zoning officials is required.
- Proficiency with reading construction documents and familiarity with current building codes is required.
- Proficiency with finding, reading, and interpreting zoning maps and regulations is preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
- Project and construction management experience is preferred.
- Real Estate, property development, and/or engineering professional certifications are preferred.