Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) of New York is working with a high-end real estate development firm located in Midtown and they are seeking a Property Controller to join their property accounting/financial reporting team. The role reports directly to the Senior Controller, has amazing opportunity for growth, and a very competitive salary with bonus and wonderful benefits. If you are looking for growth and the next step in your accounting career, keep reading!
Perks of working for this company:
- Competitive salary with bonus
- 100% covered health insurance for employee and family
- Generous PTO including sick, personal, and holiday time off
Responsibilities of the Property Accountant:
- Manage the portfolio of residential and commercial properties.
- Perform month-end close and produce financial statements/workpapers for the assigned portfolio.
- Analyze monthly/annual financial statements to summarize the current and projected financial position of the portfolio.
- Prepare/verify accurate monthly journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Read, analyze, and abstract tenant lease agreements.
- Analyze AP/AR, project expenses.
- Send out monthly rent invoices and oversee the collection of receivables.
- Prepare CAM Reconciliations for commercial properties.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations on all accounts.
- Liaison between the financial reporting, finance, and property management departments to maintain the proper flow of information and reporting.
- Coordinate with external audit firms for the annual audits of assigned portfolio.
Requirements for Property Controller:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA a strong plus
- 5+ years of property management experience in the residential real estate industry.
- Mix of public and private firm experience preferred
- Proficiency with various ERP systems (Yardi, QuickBooks, etc.) and MS Excel and Word.