Description Kemper is seeking a Property Claims Operations Director responsible for quality improvements and results around coverage, estimatics and training through the strategic development and progressive analysis of the property claims operations. This person must possess a very high degree of technical knowledge (estimatics around structural, geosciences, mechanical, electrical, material composition/MSDS and installation standards), expert knowledge in coverage interpretation, case-law and understanding of legal precedence. Will work with property data analyst to identify the most critical estimatic KPI's and develop the reporting construct within XactAnalysis. Utilizing a series of performance metrics from many data sources, will also provide fluent and meaningful feedback regarding the property operation's performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop strategy, drive performance and track the results for the organization in the areas of coverage, estimating and training intiatives and processes.
• Assist in achieving financial objectives by identifying, implementing and supporting corporate claim’s initiatives and strategies; predicated on known deficiencies and learning opportunities of field staff, property Q/A audits and observational knowledge.
• Participate in Q/A program calibrations and perform occasional observational ride-alongs for performance improvement, mentoring and talent development.
• Make recommendations to management pertaining to coverage analysis & positions, estimating standards and focused training initiatives.
• Participation in the company's CAT response efforts as needed.
• 4 year college degree preferred but not required (with equivalent experience).
• Previous management experience required.
• Excellent property technical and coverage knowledge required with at least 10 years of experience handling, supervising or managing complex property claims and/or property claims adjusters preferred.
• Must have a high aptitude and operational ability in working with Xactimate, XactAnalysis, MS Excel, Word and Outlook and a working knowledge of MS Power Point.
• Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and customer skills.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of City life and health business. To effectively serve in this role, you will need to communicate with field offices, team members, and management. You must promote and follow department policies, regulatory requirements companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V