The Property Claims Consultant is designed to provide a production oriented response to Kemper's most vexing claim problems while providing the organizational leadership through audit and line level calibration functions. The position will provide coverage expertise and temporary fill in for Team Managers as necessary.
This position will work out of the Charlotte, NC office.
• Perform audits of the work produced by general adjusters, claims representatives and supervisors to identify problems and propose high level recommendations for improved quality and business results. Propose quality improvements, solutions and approaches to improve the claims processes, systems and business products/results.
• Perform Claims adjusting and quality reviews as assigned by the Property Operations Manager. Participate in special projects as needed, including, baseline reviews and responsibility for overseeing DOI complaints for the line of business.
• Assist the Property Operations Manager with monthly operating report and other reporting as required.
• Will work with reinspectors and Team Managers to provide feedback for training.
• Will assist with vendor invoice review and approval process as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in related work experience.
• Seven or more years of progressive property claim adjusting with prior Management, General Adjuster, Field Adjuster and Compliance and Audit backgrounds.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of investigating and adjusting property line losses.
• Possess a North Carolina base license on which to obtain other licenses.
• Must be able to travel as required. Travel is variable both in frequency and duration.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V