Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
A publicly traded company with a Shared Service Center in Las Vegas is seeking a Property Accounting Manager. Responsibilities include ensuring general ledger integrity, completing complex monthly account reconciliations, reviewing account reconciliations prepared by staff accountants and assisting in the preparation of financial statements. Further job duties entail preparation and review of monthly journal entries, including those that relate to intercompany transactions, and oversight of staff accountants.
- Oversee the month-end close for multiple properties. Assist in the preparation and review of monthly journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation and review of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and preparation and review of monthly account reconciliations.
- Distribute financials to property departments and coordinate the review of all monthly budget variance reports.
- Assign and oversee special staff assignments/projects.
- Assist in administering employee evaluations for supervisors and team members as necessary and provide problem resolution assistance in personnel related matters.
- Serve as liaison between IT Department and the accounting department.
- Work closely with other department managers on financial matters relating to the budget and financial statement analysis.
- Maintain knowledge of the general ledger system for daily, month-end and annual procedures.
- Maintain and encourage professionalism when collaborating withfellow team members.
- Scheduling, direct and indirect supervision of all functions involved in period close and production of monthly financial statements.
- Analytical review of general ledger accounts for trends and potential errors.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors and provide requested documentation and analysis.
- Oversee multiple staff accountants.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Ability to work in a changing environment and continually improve processes
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise a staff of 6+ and to work closely with other department managers and staff
- Sound administrative and organizational skills, decision making and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong knowledge and work history of accounting theory and US GAAP
- A minimum of four years' experience in general accounting, with at least two years in a supervisory role or Big 4 public accounting background and CPA designation.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or its equivalent
- Fluent in general ledger software systems and excel and word applications
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is preferred.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.