Summary of the role. The Promotions Marketing Manager will focus on establishing meaningful promotions with top-tier brands that drive Pokémon product sales and/or achieve key marketing objectives. This position will lead all aspects from the identification of the opportunity through creative execution.
What You Will Do
- Work to understand TPCi business and marketing objectives to determine where promotional marketing partnerships can have a demonstrable impact
- Establish clear goals/outcomes and metrics of success for each promotional partner program
- Identify business categories and target partners whose target audience, product values, and go-to-market practices best match the promotional goals/outcomes
- Lead business development process by making/maintaining business relationships, setting planning meetings, inviting required attendees, preparing pitch materials, and driving follow up communication with key decision makers
- Determine creative focus for promotions based on TPCi's upcoming plans, the program target market, time-period, partner capabilities, types of products, etc.
- Guide partners to an acceptable interpretation of the brand, as fit for their promotion
- Collaborate multiple TPCi departments including Design, Marketing, Licensing, Production, and Legal to support and execute the promotion
- Manage the review and approval of product and marketing submissions through our Digital Rights Management software, ensuring that products align with TPCi's style guide and art assets guidelines
- Monitor the execution of the promotion to ensure agreed contractual terms and obligations are met in a timely manner by both sides
- Maintain regular contact with all participants and keep team updated on progress of promotions from pitch through execution/analysis
- Measure and analyze effectiveness of promotions with Marketing and Business analytics teams; develop insights to impact future promotions
- Prepare regular business reviews and updates to senior management regarding progress and/or roadblocks
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years business development and/or partner marketing experience; preferably with kids entertainment brand
- Extensive background in securing partnerships with global brands
- Experience running full-cycle promotional campaigns from ideation to post-mortem
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or relevant field
How You Will Be Successful
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Great people skills: You know the "how" is as important as the "what" and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage partners in a professional manner.
- Logical and analytical: You're able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You're adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Process Focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Impact and Influence: You have the ability to persuade others to support an idea, agenda or direction. Your strategic influence includes establishing credibility or using data to directly persuade or address a person's issues or concerns.