Position: Projects Engineer-Integrated Systems
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States
Duration: Full time
SUMMARY: Supports the sales engineering / project management department by providing pre-sale and after sale engineering of purchased components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Support the sales effort as needed by providing systems engineering, assisting with layout design, sourcing and specifying buyout components and develop drawings during quoting process.
* Supports SE & PM role for approval packages and turnovers by analyzing information from the customer, quotation, Mechanical Engineering relative to the application requirements for buyout items.
* Serves as primary after sale point of contact for Sales Engineering / Project Management department (SE & PM) for buyout components.
* Manages key vendor/partner relationships and orders to ensure technical compliance; reduce financial risk as well as maximize the financial performance on any given project.
* Special Projects developing costing and tracking tools related to systems content
* Travels as required may include up to 25% travel to support sales and site project management efforts
* Continuously improves operating efficiencies
* Knowledge, skills and/or abilities:
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
AutoCAD, Inventor, Pro-E, (Demo 3D a plus)
SalesForce.com or equivalent CRM
Written and Oral Communication
Ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables, as well as have a high level of creative thinking ability.
Education and/or Experience:
*Bachelor?s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
2 years of professional experience
Experience with analyzing job results and planning workflow
Experience with maintaining production schedules, on multiple and simultaneous projects
*7 years of experience in the field may be a substitute for an Engineering