This position will serve as a key leader and pioneer of project technology aiming to increase our efficiency in project delivery thru process improvements & design automation efforts. As a member of the Corporate Project Technology Group, you will drive high value innovations and quality workflow improvements within in a diverse team environment. You will be involved in operation project details, planning, and new and existing technology execution with an emphasis in LEAN project principals.
Looking for experience in two or more of the following:
*AEC Model Management
*Experienced Revit Modeler
*Dynamo & Design Automation
*Experience with BIM 360 &/or Cloud Collaboration Platforms
*Experience with Data & Data visualization
*Industrialized Construction or Fabrication Modeling & Assembly
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies sound and diversified knowledge of BIM technology, Data exchange, and VDC project delivery principles and practices in broad areas of assignments for operations and clients.
- Supports or may lead the implementation of Project Technology improvement processes, technology implementation, and VDC/BIM workflows.
- May be responsible or a key player in one or more areas of Revit Automation/Generative Design, Industrialized Construction, BIM 360, Data exchange/Visualizations, and/or Reality Capture.
- Facilitates innovation & improvement sessions around VDC/BIM project execution process and technology application with a focus on technology categories of Project Delivery, Knowledge Transfer, or Data Management/Measurement.
- Supports operations & project delivery needs applying best practices, and methods, including creating and managing process documentation, process flow maps/diagrams, and other user support materials.
- Supports & mentors operations business unit teams with VDC/BIM model management, maybe asked to perform model management on key high profile projects.
- Supports Account and Project Managers with client relationship management and project proposals involving VDC as a project solution.
- Coordinates and performs research and development associated with existing and new software through pilot projects involving operations.
- Coordinates general application training utilizing both internal and external resources on pilot development projects.
- Liaison with software developer support staff and other support channels
- Represents the Company as a technical authority in the area of specialty in presentations and conferences, assists marketing department with external and internal VDC communications.
Minimum Education and Experience
None Specified / DIRECT / 6-8
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture/Engineering preferred and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience with SSOE as a Project VDC/BIM Specialist, or the same educational requirements as above with five (5) or more years related practical experience with former employer. In lieu of degree, a minimum of eight (8) years of BIM/CAD design experience with SSOE or former employer(s) is required.
- Must be capable of clearly defining appropriate technical approaches and solutions to most critical mission challenges.
- 5-10 years of REVIT experience. Must be at an advanced level with Revit.
- Intermediate or Advanced skills in other VDC applications ideal- BIM 360, Reality Capture, Dynamo/visual scripting, and or Navisworks
- Multidiscipline AEC knowledge and excellent communication/coordination skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- The ability to lead or participate in team projects, planning, & execution
- Ability to train small and large groups of people in new and existing technology
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).