The Project Test Engineers Advanced position is a member of the Quality Assurance group within the Camstar Enterprise Platform research and development team. Camstar Enterprise Platform is part of the Siemens MOM portfolio within the Siemens PLM Software group.
The Project Test Engineers Advanced is responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of software quality processes that support and ensure the released software is stable for our customers. This includes comprehensive testing of Camstar modules and applications for both new versions and existing versions.
The Project Test Engineers Advanced position requires the Project Test Engineers Advanced to work with general supervision from the QA Manager and collaborates with product owners, scrum masters, developers, and technical writers to ensure development of quality documents (process, user stories, design, test suites, etc.), whitepapers, standard operating procedures, training programs and validation of software tools.
- Authors test suites, including training guides, white papers, standard operating procedures and other technical documentation to capture knowledge base.
- Executes test suites and delivers highest quality software on time.
- Gains domain knowledge and strong understanding of functionality and technology across all products.
- Follows standard-operating-procedure guidelines, test, track (gather evidence) and close bugs assigned to QA
- Evaluates and implements testing tools and automated scripts needed to provide test coverage.
- Works closely with various departments for the purpose of support, training, and knowledge transfer of expertise.
- Reviews and provides feedback on technical documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of three years software testing experience, preferably in a commercial R&D environment testing multi-tiered Enterprise applications and shipping high quality data intensive software.
- Strong communication, organizational and documentation skills.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and communicate technical information clearly.
- Must have an understanding of complex multi-tier software (object oriented / web based).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with the Windows development environment including .NET.
- Good with SQL and understanding of Relational Databases (Oracle or SQL Server).
- Ability to troubleshoot Quality Assurance test environments.
- Proficiency with and/or familiarity with a variety of software testing tools such as Quality Center, LoadRunner, Quick-Test-Pro, Microsoft Test Manager, Load Test, Coded UI, Cucumber, TFS (Team Foundation Server) etc.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Technical Field
- · Three years of related experience
Requisition Number: 223078