At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Project Technical Lead to join our growing and nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals in our Irvine, CA office.
The primary duties of the Project Technical Lead include responsibility for knowledge and execution of the technical aspects and deliverables of projects assigned and is an experienced, competent engineer who generally understands and can complete all technical requirements of projects of basic to moderate complexity.
- Perform complex assignments exercising judgment in evaluation selection and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Preparation of cost estimates and written reports.
- Assigns tasks and provides guidance to junior team members, and coordinates QC reviews for work performed by junior level engineers and/or designers.
- Work with Senior Engineers and the Business Class Leader to identify and develop specific technical expertise and will attend training and seminars focused on further development and understanding of complex concepts related to their discipline.
- May also assist with developing technical papers and/or presentations that showcase HDR's technical capabilities at industry conferences or other events.
- Responsible for quality control reviews of projects from other teams on an as needed basis.
- Works independently and may direct, mentor, train, and/or supervise efforts of less-experienced EIT's and/or Designers.
- Work independently on tasks and assist on larger, more complex projects.
- Some travel may be required.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in electrical power system analysis, electrical system planning, protective device application and settings required.
- Experience with power system analysis software: ETAP, Cape, Aspen, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and electrical design software.
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm desired.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Preference will be given candidates local to the Irvine, CA area.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- 10 years of experience doing electrical power system analysis, electrical system planning, protective device application, settings and substation design is highly preferred.
- 2 years of experience doing control system application and settings is highly preferred.
- Field commissioning and testing experience is preferred.
- Power Plant experience is preferred.