Project Team Leader – Immuno-Inflammation
- Lead a group of physicians and scientists entrusted with the development of one or more early stage project(s) (typically, pre-clinical to proof-of-concept stage) from the Immuno-Inflammation portfolio. The Project Leader creates and communicates a vision for a Program that generates excitement and commitment within the Immuno-Inflammation therapeutic area and among their stakeholders from executive management and supporting functions.
- This role includes, but is not limited to:
- Lead the project team(s) in the development and execution of a coherent project strategy (including resource assessment, timelines, and risk mitigation plans).
- Work with project core team members (clinical, research, regulatory, etc) to develop robust first in man and proof of concept clinical plans.
- Lead the execution of project strategy in an expeditious manner and to the highest scientific standards and in full compliance with corporate quality mandates.
- Lead and articulate the formulation of recommendations to adjust the project strategy in response to evolving pre-clinical, clinical, regulatory, commercial (competitive intelligence) data.
- Defend the project strategy in front of senor decision-making committees and governance boards
- Furthermore, the Project Leader may be assigned to other tasks such as:
- Offer technical leadership in Immuno-Inflammation to other functions as well as Global Marketing Pharmacovigilance and the Clinical Research Unit.
- Work closely with Business Development to determine and lead innovative strategies which may utilize several external partners/collaborators to significantly enhance the value of the program
- Building a reputation that drives innovators to bring their ideas to Sanofi
- Seeing beyond Immuno-Inflammation to see synergies in other therapeutic areas and/or offer insights.
- Interfacing with Global Marketing and the commercial organizations to maximize life cycle opportunities for products within her/his assigned area.
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- Expertise in medicine, Immuno-Inflammation and pharmaceutical medicine
- 5+ years Industry experience in development
- Be a recognized expert (with scientific /medical recognition) who has demonstrated ability to interact productively with and attract top external investigators
- Prior significant responsibility for (or playing a major contributory role in) creating and driving an overall program plan
- Excellent communication capabilities (oral and written) and persuasive presentation/negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership of a team of matrixed team members and administrative staff in accomplishment of a timely & effective plans
- Demonstrated ability to drive project milestones and work with a global product team with key functional groups
- Prior contribution to the successful development of compounds through phases of clinical research on a global basis
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meeting applicable regulatory, quality and compliance standards
- Positive leadership style and resilience in adversity
- This position is based in Bridgewater, NJ.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.