Arcadis is seeking a Task Manager with a background as a Geologist, Environmental Scientist, Civil Engineer or Environmental Engineer to support our oil & gas business. This position may be located in any of our office locations within the United States.
This is a position for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting and the oil & gas industry. This full-time position is expected to support environmental investigation, remediation and permitting projects, and will be working alongside and supporting project managers on multiple projects.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Project and Associate Project Managers (PM/APM) with planning environmental investigation and remediation tasks (Task Manager),
- Lead environmental investigations and remediation projects to include directing the day-to-day activities of junior level staff; schedule and coordinate task resources, and solicit guidance from senior level technical staff and PM/APM,
- Evaluate data to (1) support conceptual site models for environmental investigations, (2) delineate the nature and extent of contamination, and (3) modify and optimize post-remedy long-term-monitoring programs,
- Lead (with PM/APM guidance) the development of Remedial Investigations, Feasibility Studies, Proposed Plans, Records of Decisions, and Remedial Designs and/or their RCRA or State equivalent; this includes the coordination of teams for figure generation, data management, work plans, and/or other requiredsupporting documents,
- Address client and regulatory comments on deliverables and drive the strategy in achieving comment resolution (with PM/APM guidance),
- Daily financial monitoring and reporting to PM/APM,
- Cost Estimating: prepare costs estimates to support establishing project budgets and evaluating subcontractor proposals,
- Prepare subcontracts and coordinate all aspects of subcontractor tasks including schedule, logistics, health, and safety,
- Ensure tasks are completed in accordance with all Federal, State, Local, and client specific health and safety requirements,
- Periodically perform fieldwork which may include drilling oversight for soil sampling and/or groundwater well installation, groundwater sampling, excavation oversight, operation and maintenance of remediation systems, and vapor intrusion/soil gas surveys,
- Environmental remediation design tasks, including soil and groundwater remedial systems,
- This position may be in the field up to 10% of the time, depending on project staffing needs.
The selected candidate will have:
- Previous experience with task management to include controlling scope, schedule, budget, and ensuring adherence to Health and Safety Requirements; managing $50,000 net revenue.
- Working familiarity with CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, or State level regulated remediation (e.g., State Voluntary Remediation Programs).
- Cost estimating – candidate should have sufficient experience with routine environmental tasks (e.g., field sampling technologies and methods, lab coordination, supporting subcontractor oversight of utility clearance, surveyors, etc) to develop cost estimates for establishing budgetary estimates.
- Previous environmental samplingexperience.
- Previous experience with subcontractor procurement and management (e.g., preparation of request for bids, preparation of scope of work, ensure work is completed in accordance with scope of work and H&S requirements).
- Candidate should be health and safety focused, and able to work successfully in a team setting.
Per security requirements, the selected candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, able to gain security clearance, and able to pass a thorough background check.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or other related discipline
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- 40 hour HAZWOPER certified
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or other related discipline
- Up to 10 years of relevant experience with oil & gas clients.
- Currently responsible for the management of greater than $100,000 Net Revenue
- P.E. or P.G. License
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour certified
- Experience around heavy equipment, excavation, and construction work
- Operation and maintenance experience on remediation systems