- Support the detailed designs of complex tactical radio systems solutions from initial concepts through execution and delivery.
- Design systems utilizing Harris and other OEM equipment to offer a complete customer solution integrated into customer systems and platforms (land vehicle, ship, aircraft, UAV). Includes one or more of the following: HF, VHF, UHF, and microwave radios, custom design peripheral subsystems for both voice and data applications.
- Working knowledge of IP networking protocols, video, and other data protocols for use in communication systems such as TCP/IP, UDP and PPP and communications interfaces such as RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485, video encoding protocols such as H.264
- Experience with design and integration of electronics and communications equipment into vehicle platforms (primarily land vehicles, but sea and air platforms experience a plus)
- Packaging and performance verification of electrical systems for harsh environments including rugged packaging for transport and mobile applications.
- Provide complete design efforts including: defining the end customer's technical requirement; designing, documenting and costing of systems, and integration and test of those systems.
- Work with Project Engineer, sales, consultants, vendors and other Harris personnel to ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal requirements, into solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints for the system design.
- Work directly with project teams in a matrix organization. Ability to manage multiple project responsibilities.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including ability to make effective presentations to a wide range of audiences. Responsible for the configuration management of all documents for the sub system design.
- Position requires the demonstrated ability to work effectively with other organizations (Engineering, Sales, Program Management, and Operations) to complete assigned projects.
- BS in Engineering or other technical field and 3+ years of systems engineering experience or Masters Degree
- Designexperience with military and/or ad-hocmobile radios and networks
- Ability to support approximately 10% short term international travel
- Computer Proficiency – Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, and MS Project.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with CISCO networking equipment
- Strong technical proposal experience to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: scheduling, work breakdown structure development, basis of estimates development and technical writing.
- Knowledge of RF antenna systems, two-way tactical radio systems, microwave systems, other wireless systems, IP networks, International Government / DoD systems experience desirable.
- Proficiency at writing clear and concise language tailored to a wide variety of audiences. Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- Working familiarity with applicable regulations and best practices; e.g., NEC, UL, TUV, CSA, Mil Spec.
- Experience with management of subcontractors
- International travelexperiences as well as foreign language proficiency a plus.
Job Code – CS20182802-23632