LJA is an employee owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 25 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned. We currently have an opening for a Project Surveyor in Dallas.
- Supervise a small survey team, gathering data used for creation of topographical maps
- Compile information for construction projects using engineering plans
- Compare survey computations with applicable standards in order to determine adequacy of data
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys, using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records and other relevant information
- Prepare topographic and contour maps of land surveyed, including site features and other relevant information such as charts, drawings, and survey notes
- Scheduling and team performance management
- Certification from the Texas Board of Land Surveying
- 10+ years of survey experience, with a minimum of 4 years supervising others.
- Project scheduling
- CADD experience is required
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external clients