This leadership role based out of our Selma, CA project office, will see The Project Survey Manager playing a pivotal role in the delivery of Flatiron's landmark California High Speed Rail Project.
The Survey Manager will have primary responsibility for the surveying function on the project and have 3 segment Survey Mangers as direct reports. Ideally the candidate will have experience working in a similar capacity on other major civil infrastructure projects.
- Promote and enforce craft and subcontractor compliance within project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Establish and monitor construction layout for both temporary and permanent work elements
- Manage and maintain survey budget, forecast, and schedule
- Lead, coordinate, and inspect multiple survey operations
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of permanent and provisional survey control
- Work with engineering and construction operations to establish survey policy and procedure
- Implement and maintain Survey Quality Control process
- Procure and manage survey equipment resources
- Ability to work under pressure, coordinate numerous activities and resources to achieve maximum efficiency
- Prepare monthly progress reports and forecast for the project management team
- This position will sometimes require prolonged exposure to construction activities and ability to access all areas of a jobsite
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Geometrics a related field from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation and Trimble Business Center including conversion of files.
- 15 years heavy construction surveying experience
- Construction, design, finance, and management experience preferred
- California Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) preferred