Looking for an exciting and rewarding career in commercial construction? We're seeking Project Superintendent candidates for construction based in Augusta, Georgia but may be assigned to construction projects throughout Georgia and South Carolina candidates must currently reside in the area or are willing to relocate. To be considered for this position, candidates should have progressive experience in skilled trades and/or a degree in construction management, civil engineering, or a related field, five to ten years of experience in the construction industry, and have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals. Candidates with experience in the following markets are preferred: healthcare, education, and historic preservation.
This position will provide a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to develop construction leadership expertise across a range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of project planning and coordination duties, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by prompting team members to recognize challenges early and plan ahead for important project activities. In addition to a rewarding career in construction, Christman offers employees competitive pay, a generous benefits program and regular training and professional development.
Founded in 1894, Christman defines excellence as the ability to add value to a construction project through focused delivery of expertise, leadership, and partnership. We excel at delivering significant value to our clients because we hire, train, and mentor the best talent and promote from within. Our employee-owners are dedicated to fulfilling our values of: honoring all commitments with integrity, building lasting relationships, having passion for our work and a competitive spirit, and keeping Christman a great place to work. We are looking for future owners and partners to join our great company. Can you see yourself at Christman? Visit www.christmanco.com to learn more.
As a leader for the construction project team, responsibilities will include creating a safe work environment, organizing site logistics, establishing a work pace that achieves schedule commitments, assuring construction quality, and monitoring and tracking project progress and risks. This person will be responsible for supporting and monitoring projects typically ranging from $5120 million, establishing expectations for both the construction and the team. Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- Work Planning: Plan and prioritize to achieve high-quality, timely results within the context of project management. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Earn respect through construction knowledge and positive problem solving. Develop productive relationships with project team, contractors, design teams and clients.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving.
- Detail Orientation: Successfully ensure accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Professionalism: Positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient with project management software. Willingness to test and implement new software technology.
- Math Skills: Numerical and analytical skills related to dimension and layout, elevations, and production rates, and ability to apply these skills to achieve project quality and adequate manpower.
- Learning Orientation: Pursue related educational and training for job performance improvements and to share knowledge and debate concepts with the Christman team.
Best suited candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Five to ten years of commercial construction experience as a foreman or superintendent requiring professionalism and integrity.
- Progressive experience in skilled trades and/or a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- Successful completion of classes or other training in construction management, project management, safety, communication.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to develop familiarity with the site requirements, tools, methods, and materials of the full range of trade divisions.