Project Superintendent, Chief Construction
Chief Construction is seeking Project Superintendents to join the Chief Team! The Project Superintendent helps develop and execute the plan for how a project will be built; plans and oversees all scopes of an assigned project; and assists in pre-planning for every stage of a project from pre-construction to post-construction to meet the goals set by the project schedule, within budget, and quality. This position's project location includes Central Nebraska.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Supervise project trades to coordinate day-to-day project operations. Resolve conflicts regarding procedures, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment and scheduling.
* Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules. Create, manage, and implement the project schedule.
* Responsible for documentation on the project, and maintain organized filing system. Update drawings, logs, and inspection notebooks.
* Prepare daily reports to document weather and field conditions, trade and subcontractor manpower, progress and conditions impacting the project.
* Track and manage budget and costs from the project manager, monitor labor, material, and equipment.
* Conduct regular safety inspections and maintain a safe and clean worksite for employees, sub-contractors, and the public.
* Develop relationships with owners, owner representatives, and design professionals on schedules, problems, or other significant matter.
* Supervise the construction of the project in strict accordance with the contract documents and ensure that high quality work is performed.
* Manage the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion.
* Provide unparalleled personal attention to meeting the needs of our customers.
* Treat all stake holders with dignity and respect.
* Other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Requires knowledge of construction management methods generally gained through an equivalent college level degree and/or with 6-10 years' experience in construction projects. Work experience in Medical or Hospitality/Assisted Living or Multi-Family is preferred.