- Supervise the total construction effort of construction projects to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions. This includes project safety, scheduling, engineering, material control and may provide day to day direction of onsite administration staff and engineers.
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- May authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc.
- Provide technical assistance, recommending construction methods and equipment as required.
- Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Interfacing with client representatives and other contractors, etc. as required.
- Work together with project supervision on a daily basis to communicate production goals and quality specifications of work, discuss issues that have surfaced (around people, means and methods, material or equipment use, etc. extra or out of scope work), and ideas to help team achieve project goals.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum of eight years construction management and/or craft supervision experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules and safety required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.