Project Specialist - Technical Programs
This position is responsible for project management of various technical programs related to the business plan of the Ground Vehicle Business Unit.
Business activities include but are not limited to the identification, development, management and marketing of new Ground Vehicle Standards cooperative research, government funded projects, and identifying opportunities for new Ground Vehicle standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identifying, proposing and assisting in implementing new SAE standards related projects in advanced technology areas such as vehicle connectivity and automation, vehicle electronics, vehicle electrification, advanced materials, etc.
* Managing all aspects of new technical cooperative research projects and government funded projects resulting in revenue for the Ground Vehicle Standards Business Unit including review of work products, budgeting, financial projections and management of outside experts.
* Assisting in writing proposals for government funded projects and industry cooperative research; reviewing proposals for technical merit and completeness.
* Managing alignment between SAE standards and regulations through development and maintenance of effective relationships with government agencies and industry trade organizations relative to the Ground Vehicle industry.
* Developing standards maps that reflect current and future technology trends, identifying gaps and organizing standards development efforts to fill them.
* Contributing to the achievement of SAE's organizational goals. Additional projects as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
*Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field required. Master's degreepreferred.
* 5 years of demonstrated engineeringexperience and knowledge of automotive or commercial vehicle required.
* Proven hands-on experience in vehicle connectivity (or related) technologyrequired.
*Experience with international standards environment, desired.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Excellent oral and written communications skills, required
* Strong negotiation skills
*Budget planning and forecastingexperience, required
* Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills, required
* Excellent computer skills including Web, MS Office Suite
* Excellent organizational and planning skills, required
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, required
* Ability to travel 10%