Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
Project Software Engineer will apply advanced technical knowledge to the design, implementation and lifecycle support of Oceaneering software systems. This role will serve as a key member of the Oceaneering Advanced Technologies (AdTech) software engineering team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of high quality software systems utilizing an array of technologies.
- Responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Create and maintain software documentation such as: verification procedures, requirement specifications, interface control documents, testing reports, etc.
- Work as part of a team to meet customer requirements.
- Dedicated to learning new software languages, architectures, and tools.
- Willing to stretch beyond experience and to take risks to achieve objectives.
- Understand, explain, and seek ways to improve existing toolsets to gain processing efficiencies, better quality, and broader reach.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s with 5 or more years’ experience, Masters with 2 or more years’ experience or Doctorate with experience. Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Commensurate experience is acceptable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. Active clearances preferred, but not prerequisite.
- 3+ years’ experience with C# or C++.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in object oriented design, implementation, and test.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in software architecture and design of complex systems.
- Experience leading a team of software engineers.
- Comfortable configuring, developing, and debugging on the Windows operating system.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Solid understanding of computer networking and security concepts.
- Experience with implementing the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience developing with ESRI ARCGIS libraries.
- Experience with web-based development.
- Proficiency in UML modeling, test-driven development, agile processes, or DevOps tools.
- Experience with Wireshark or other network packet analysis software.
- Understanding of more advanced networking involving switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience with enterprise databases such as Oracle RDBMS or Microsoft SQL server.
- Experience in the marine (surface or, preferably, underwater) industry and associated technologies, including ROVs, AUVs, and related robotic and electromechanical systems
- Familiarity interfacing software to embedded microprocessor single-board computer (SBC) based control systems and sensors
Equal Opportunity Employer