Key responsibilities include:
- Develop CPM schedules for various projects using Primavera V8.3 or later.
- Develop CPM schedules for any of the following types of projects: Ameren Illinois electric and gas engineering construction projects, including gas and electric Modernization Action Plan (MAP) Programs, Smart Grid Communication (SGCN), Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), and Transmission, Distribution and Design (T and DD). In addition, large projects over $500k categorized under the Mid-Tier, SLPOC and CPOC project levels.
- Develop Level 1 and Level 2 schedules to support the business planning processes, including gate approval requirements.
- Develop Level 3 schedules that are resource loaded. Work with Project managers to resource level the schedules in accordance with resource availability. Work with Business Performance Specialist to forecast dollars in accordance with schedule. Perform horizontal and vertical reviews with project team members to ensure completeness in schedule development and to obtain stakeholder buy-in.
- Review scope of work documents and assist Project Managers with development of the work breakdown and cost breakdown structures, and project/activity coding schemes. Work with Project Managers to develop performance metrics, and to develop the schedule to provide reports as required for each stakeholder.
- Create baseline schedules, perform updates, schedule projects, and perform analysis of critical path, baseline variance, and key performance metrics. Perform analysis of scope changes and schedule impacts.
- Work in multi-project environment to produce integrated schedules working with Ameren and Contractor personnel. Facilitate processes to import contractor schedules into Ameren/s Primavera environment. Provide guidance to Contractor's where schedule quality needs to be improved. Perform analysis of integrated schedules, including Contractor schedules to ensure compliance Corporate Procedures and PMI best practices.
- Work with Project Leads to review Contractor schedules to ensure trueness in work sequences as compared to their execution plan; ensure that all work scope is comprehensively defined in the schedule.
- Work with Project Leads to ensure contract milestones, interface points, hold points, coordination activities, and safety activities are properly integrated.
- Work with Project Team members to continually optimize the schedule, to ensure that deliverables are met, and to establish plans to recover from schedule delays and impacts.
- Develop schedule reports including critical path schedules, look ahead schedules, and histograms reports to appraise project team members, and senior management. Develop presentations to key stakeholders including Senior Leadership and the Corporate Oversight Team.
- Provide schedule management support to various levels of project team members to improve project scheduling practices.
- Perform schedule audits, and provide mentoring for other schedulers and Project Managers.
- Participate in preparation of specifications involving contractor schedule requirements. Participate in bid meetings to evaluate Contractor scheduling capabilities. Participate in scoring evaluations of contractor schedules.
Follow established methodology Scheduling Department has established for obtaining schedule updates. Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited University or a Bachelor's degree in business-related field with significant construction experience required. MBA preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience: Five or more years of relevant experience in the utility industry, (e.g., scheduling, project management, engineering or operations, budgeting and forecasting) required.
- Other: Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word required. Proven oral and written communication skills required. Project Scheduling using Primavera in the utility industry preferred. Experience with applications such as PowerPlan, API, DOJM, EMPRV, TRIS, PeopleSoft and other PC tools preferred.