STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
STV’s team of construction professionals provides flexible, focused construction management and technical services to public and private sector clients. Managing projects that range from $100,000 to hundreds of millions of dollars nationwide, our construction management specialists are complemented by an experienced architectural and engineering design staff. As an added value to our clients, we also provide cost estimating, scheduling and value engineering services in-house. It is this seamless integration of multidisciplinary capabilities that sets us apart from other firms.
We currently have an opening in our Los Angeles office for a Project Scheduler for our Construction Management division. Key responsibilities will include:
- Independently interprets and reads detailed construction drawings (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civil, etc.) and develops a clear understanding of work scope.
- Reviews Contractor’s Baseline schedule submissions and verifies that all work scope is identified properly and logically sequenced correctly. Provides written detailed schedule review comments.
- Performs QA/QC on contractor schedule submittals for conformance with contract. Reviews critical path, cost loading, resource loading of man-hours, schedule content, recovery schedules, use of logic relationships and lags, constraints and milestones.
- Performs schedule Time Impact Analysis for any change orders that affect the constructionschedule. Conducts schedule negotiations with the OAR and the contractor for any delay time settlements.
- Reads drawings to determine if work is in or out of scope, and understands terms and conditions of the contract to determine if any compensable or non-compensable time extensions have merit.
- Performs Critical Path analysis and Earned Value analysis.
- Walks the construction sites as needed and checks the contractor’s weekly/monthly schedule progress. Provides reports to the project OAR and upper management.
- Effectively communicates with the Contractor regarding all schedule/progress related matters and concerns in the weekly status meetings and all other schedule related meetings.
- Performs Program Schedule QA/QC reviews on a regular basis.
- Performs status updates for Program Schedules/Master Schedules on a bi-monthly basis.
- Ensures proper use of Program-level standard codes, layouts and reports necessary to ensure data integrity.
- Serves as a liaison between project teams, department leadership and the Program & Project Controls department.
- Prepares reports as needed and directed by Management
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in any course, but with additional two (2) years of experience in Construction Scheduling to compensate for the required education.
- 8 years' of full-time paid professional experience in project or program scheduling on large construction programs.
- Proficiency in Primavera 8.1 or above and MS Office Suite.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.