Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its appliedtechnology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Project Scheduler is responsible for developing and maintaining integrated detail level schedules for the execution of project work including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical design and engineering, production, assembly, installation, and commissioning as defined by scopes of work and/or as specified by the customer’s representative.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager in developing the Project WBS structure to be incorporated into both the financialreporting system and the Project Schedule, which clearly delineates the scope and breakdown of the work packages by deliverable and by responsible party.
- Develop and maintain integrated detail level schedule for the design, engineering, procurement, production, manufacture, assembly, testing, installation, and commissioning of project elements to meet the project milestones.
- Use standalone and enterprise project and portfolio management software (e.g. Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.) to develop schedules, spreadsheets, and reports to convey status to project teams and customers.
- Interface with engineering, manufacturing, and project management groups to develop integrated schedule to represent project status.
- Develop and communicate reports to convey areas of concern and opportunity to project and portfolio management.
- Recommend alternate (“what-if”) execution strategies to project teams that assists them in creating work plans that meet the project milestones. Provide advance warning for project tasks that have negative float, or are in jeopardy of missing milestones due to lack of applied resources or other factors that push start dates or increase durations of tasks.
- Provide forecasts of near-term and long-term target dates and upcoming milestones to the project teams, and provide detailed critical path information that will allow the team to see the inter-relationships between the various work packages and completion of key deliverables both internal and external.
- Evaluate critical paths in the project schedules and evaluate alternative schedule options to identify optimum project strategies or resolve problems before and during execution.
- Perform probabilistic analysis of completion dates and potential alternatives. Present risk based analysis of most likely completion and expected deviation range.
- Develop and implements plan versus actual progress curves. Report and analyze monthly deviations from plan.
- Evaluate allocation of resources and provide recommendations to maintain required progress.
- Provide inputs to cost analysts for the determination of earned value measurements (e.g. ETC and EAC).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Manager of Project Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired – mechanical, electrical, or manufacturing preferred.
- Formal training in Primavera P6 scheduling software preferred.
- Qualification or progress toward Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Five  years working in a project or operations environment in a position directly contributing to the scheduling process.
- Two  years direct schedulingexperience utilizing Primavera P6.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Fluency in scheduling software including Microsoft Project and Primavera P6.
- Firm understanding of earned value calculations.
- Understanding of requirements, Scopes of Work (SOW), and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) for technical projects involving manufacturing, production, and installation methods and process.
- Understanding of general project management principles and practice.
- Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft and/or Business Intelligence a plus.