STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
STV’s team of construction professionals provides flexible, focused construction management and technical services to public and private sector clients. Managing projects that range from $100,000 to hundreds of millions of dollars nationwide, our construction management specialists are complemented by an experienced architectural and engineering design staff. As an added value to our clients, we also provide cost estimating, scheduling and value engineering services in-house. It is this seamless integration of multidisciplinary capabilities that sets us apart from other firms.
We currently have an opening in downtown Los Angeles, CA for a Project Scheduler III in our Construction Management division to work on Educational Facility projects.
- Coordinate the preparation of project schedules based on defined project execution philosophies
- Perform contractor schedule reviews for contract conformance and quality assurance
- Evaluate contract change orders and amendments for impact on budget and schedule
- Perform time impact analysis on schedule fragments
- Participate in change order negotiations
- Perform Critical Path and Earned Value analyses
- Identify schedule related problems which arise during project execution and recommend corrective actions and creative solutions
- Conduct construction/project site visits for progress reporting.
- Review contractor’s weekly and monthly schedule progress, prepare narrative of findings, submit and present to management for decision making
- Review and evaluate contractor recovery schedules.
- Perform cost analysis in support of design and construction phases of capital projects
- Analyze actual expenditures versus budget performance
- Prepare cost loaded schedule to support comprehensive cash flow projections
- Understand, interpret and apply contracts, policies and procedures within Build LACCD guidelines.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in Project or Program Scheduling on large construction programs
- Advanced proficiency in specified software including, but not limited to Primavera Scheduling Software, MS Office Applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Theories, principles and practices of cost engineering and scheduling.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or other related field.
- Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Flexibility in schedule and transportation to work at multiple sites based on assigned schedule and duties.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Tracking Code 4743-872