Senior Risk Management position. This role is responsible for designing and implementing program and project risk management strategies. Responsible for implementation and controls of the tools and techniques required to assess and treat program and project risks. Ideal candidate is adept with constructing thorough risk analysis in the Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) industry. See attached for supplemental job description.
This role is responsible for designing and implementing program and project risk management strategies. Responsible for implementation and controls of the tools and techniques required to assess and treat program and project risks. The right candidate is adept with constructing thorough risk analysis and conducting risk workshops with the client and project teams.
• Collaborate with project teams to determine risk indicators, levels of risk acceptability and risk groups prior to analysis.
• Identify project risks, including; potential flaws, budget and scope changes and impact.
• Assess risks against established indicators and prioritize based on risk levels.
• Develop detailed plans of action for project risk reduction confirming desirability and objectives. Identify the best means of reducing each risk based on acceptability levels and costs.
• Present risk plans to project teams to insure plans are aligned with the overall strategy of the client and project.
• Proactively identify resources for the elimination, reduction or mitigation measures to be implemented.
• Evaluate program risk exposure (both budget and schedule), evaluate contingency pools, and recommend actions for the pool management.
• Work with scheduling to evaluate critical path and near critical path(s), analysis, and ensure deliverables are met.
• Provide reporting to leadership and management on risk status of capital portfolio.
• Develop and present training classes on risk management and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
• Identify, track, and report on potential and executed cost savings.
Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree. Graduate degree is desirable.
• Minimum of 7 years of related project management and construction project risk management experience
• Proficient In using Monte Carlo risk modeling and tools (such as Palisade @Risk tool)
• Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to effectively present, explain, and advise senior management and others
• Capable of demonstrating critical understanding of the relationship between risk management, client governance, program internal control and compliance
• Demonstrated ability to make informed risk management decisions for both current and emerging risks
• Subject matter expert knowledge and significant experience in risk management techniques
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus