Knorr Brake Company is the innovative leader in the manufacture and supply of braking systems, passenger doors and climate-control equipment for all types of Mass Transit customers such as: METRO, Light Rail Vehicles, High-Speed Trains, Commuter Rail and Monorail Vehicles for the North America market. We're part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you'll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You'll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today!.
This position is responsible for supporting the organization's quality management system in numerous proactive ways. This may be done in the form of internal and external auditing, inspection, and disposition of material, supporting Program Management through all stages of program maturation in the form of First Article Inspection (FAI) activity, Pre-shipping Inspection (PSI) activity, creating quality plans, providing verbiage for formal project letters and other project specific deliverables.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Prepare, submit and assure acceptance by the Customer, quality plans, inspection and test plans per the project requirements (FAIs).Support the in-process and Customer source inspection (PSIs).
- Coordinate Customer corrective actions and/or follow-up on supplier corrective actions in a timely manner (Customer NCR/Portal response).
- Support the manufacture and procurement of all components used in brakes, doors and HVAC systems.
- Troubleshoot in-process and supplier related quality issues.
- Assist with Supplier Quality Team.
- Develop, implement, and review quality procedures/instructions to assure compliance to ISO 9001 and IRIS standards.
- Prepare and execute effective internal audits, as a member of the internal audit team.
- Participate in the Material Review Board meetings, change Control Board and monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Review Customer proposals and contracts for quality related contractual requirements
- Disposition of non-conforming material Supports the morning Production Cell meetings by providing input and /or resolution of any quality issues that may arise.
- Respond quickly to difficult Customer complaints to include daily investigation of accepted warranty claims, drive to determine root cause by working with an interdisciplinary team, to problem solve using the KB Problem Solving Sheet, 8D reports, 5WHYs, etc. Ultimately feedback root cause information to the causing source (Production, Engineering or the Supplier).
- Interact with Engineering regarding drawing errors, Engineering change notices and review of new drawing designs.
- Participation in Design Review Process pertaining to Quality Inspection criteria
- 5+ years' quality engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances
- Blue Print Reading
- Thorough understanding of Measurement Techniques & Tools
- Ability to read and understand complex instructions
- Computer literate
- SAP experience
- Computer proficiency
- Internal Audit experience
- ASQ Certification
- Pneumatic / hydraulic/HVAC assembly experience
- Experience working in a matrix organization
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Knorr Brake Company have to offer you?
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Company Paid Life and Disability Benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401 (k) Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Free Passes to Local Attractions
- Free Gym memberships
- Additional Discount Offerings
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Company Paid Holidays
- Monthly Employee Welfare Events and Volunteer Opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.