Engility is seeking an experienced professional to join the Space and Missions Group (SMS). SMS provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
SMS has an opening for a Project/Program Management Support person to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to an IC research and development (R&D) customer. The customer is developing the next-generation of spacecraft architectures, hardware and software solutions for the IC.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide programmatic support to customer activities
- Support acquisition, source selection and programmatic processes
- Review and assess development activities of contractors and Government labs
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Review status of projects and budgets
- Manage schedules and prepares status reports
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and Government satisfaction goals and objectives
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with development contractors, other support staff, and Government customers.
- Education: Bachelors degree in management, engineering, science, or related disciplines
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Experience with IC or DoD R&D organizations
- Experience with the IC or DoD acquisition cycle, requirements processes, budgetary practices and acquisition documentation
- Education: Advanced degree in management, engineering, science, or related disciplines
- Experience with NRO R&D organizations
- Experience with the NRO acquisition cycle, requirements processes, budgetary practices and acquisition documentation
- Project Management Professional Certification