Job ID: EN_US_1704616
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a professional like you who will develop and implement procurement strategies for turnaround services in North America for all disciplines required during Turnaround execution (e.g., mechanical, civil, electrical and instrumentation, industrial cleaning). You will provide coordination all of the procurement activities and ensure compliance with Procurement Policies and Procedures.
Project Procurement Manager (Large Scale Turnarounds) (17044616) – Houston, TX
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Lead early procurement strategic planning for TARs exceeding $50M in maintenance and capital spending at the Geismar, Port Arthur, and Freeport sites.
- Research past TARs for lessons learned, commodities and service contracts previously used
- Identify stakeholders (e.g., procurement managers, TAR management, project management, maintenance owners, operations owners), their requirements, and keeping them informed of procurement-related progress, issues, and concerns
- Identify technical and commercial requirements to maximize each procurement strategy variation for materials and services: Lump sum, fee at risk, service agreements, unit rates, competitive bid, and T&M.
- Develop proposals for Procurement strategies, including recommended suppliers, based on stakeholder requirements
- Conduct a Procurement Strategy Planning Meeting with all stakeholders to discuss the merits of various strategies and to insure alignment on the best procurement strategy to use for each identified service and materials required to support the TAR.
- Develop and maintain the final Procurement Plan.
- Work with the Businesses, Engineering & Maintenance, and Legal teams to develop contracting strategies that address stakeholder needs while considering appropriate risk management measures in a highly dynamic and evolving market environment such as TAR services, especially in the Gulf Coast region.
- Provide in-depth understanding of the capabilities and capacity of TAR service providers to ensure optimal contractor selection to meet current and future BASF volume requirements.
- Continually evaluate and assess the labor market in terms of labor availability, compensation levels, productivity, and othermarket trends.
- Gather data from multiple sources (e.g., contractors, owners, industry analysts) to assess BASF versus ‘best-in-class’ industry benchmarks.
- Establish procurement best practices and continuous improvement to identify and realize cost savings opportunities across sites.
- Document savings realized through strategy execution.
- Monitor Procurement performance against milestones and provide periodic reports to TAR management for all materials and services.
- Review incoming data from TAR management teams for completeness of both technical and commercial Terms and Conditions.
- Supervise contract personnel in the issuing of bid packages, participating in bid walks, preparing commercial evaluations, execution of final contracts, and issuance of purchase orders.
- Ensure compliance with regional and global procurement policies and procedures.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believeinvesting in you isinvesting in our success.Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand yournetworkand build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree; a degree in Science, Engineering or related technical field preferred; MBA degree a plus.
- Must have at least 8years of experience in Maintenance, Engineering, Procurement, or Production/Operations/Manufacturing.
- Experience in turnaround management and/or procurement coordination is a plus, preferably in industrial-complex projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Business and financial acumen with demonstrated achievement of results including generation of savings, value creation, and managing supplier relationships.
- Contract negotiation, administration, and project management skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TWIC (TransportationWorker Identification Credential) card from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Purchasing Operations & Systems, SAP proficiency preferred.
- Contracting and/or subcontracting for construction services in process industry.
- Industrial Labor Market knowledge.
- General knowledge in the functional areas of legal, insurance, accounting, tax, EH&S are desirable.