There is currently an opening for a Project/Process Engineer II in the Engineering Department.
Manufacturing Methods Rubber Compounds
Resins & Reinforcement
Rubber to metal bonding
Hand lay-up and pattern design
Vacuum bag and autoclave cure
Rubber grinding to tolerance
- Certified in lean manufacturing and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing preferred
- Proficient with MS Office
- Capable of quick response times
- Good speaking, writing, communication and presentation skills
The Project/Process Engineer II ? Special Projects is responsible for providing technical support to the rubber and composite product manufacturing area. This position will primarily focus on providing engineering services to programs with established to complex manufacturing processes.
Secondarily, the position will provide support on development efforts. The position requires a strong understanding of and experience with rubber and/or composite product manufacturing methods including molding, hand lay-up and autoclave cure techniques. On a daily basis, the engineer may interact with all levels of the organization, customers and suppliers. Good interpersonal communication and group interaction skills along with a hands-on style are essential. Travel of 2 weeks per year minimum may be required. This is a salaried exempt position reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- Contract Review and Engineering Readiness
- Process Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Product Development
- NCRB member
- Technical support for sales and marketing
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline
- Chemical, Material Sciences, or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5yearexperience in rubber and/or composite product manufacturing
- Experience within the defense or aerospace industries is preferred
- Experience with the following manufacturing methods and materials is preferred:
Must have experience in Rubber or composites.