Project Process Chemical Engineer
Regional Project / Process Chemical Engineer
Manage all phases of projects, including financial controlling, according to company guidelines, standards and procedures. Provide plant process engineering support including process design, improvement, and troubleshooting. Support all environmental, safety, health, and quality processes. Location may be Fontana CA, Mojave CA or Spokane WA. (Fontana preferred)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage site capital projects in collaboration with Plant Manager and Project Engineering to ensure proper process design and equipment specifications
- Develop project objectives and scope for both minor and major investment projects.
- Determine project specifications and schedule by studying product/process design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Drive continuous improvement of plant manufacturing processes and systems through project design and implementation.
- Prepare cost estimates and manage project budgets.
- Review drawings, contracts, and bids.
- Supervise project installation and startup, working with both contractors and site personnel.
- Assist with creation of SOPs for new and existing equipment and processes as needed.
- Assist with operator training as needed.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations relating to Environmental protection, Safety, Health and Quality (ESHQ)
- Support plant improvement and compliance efforts, including:
- Optimization of the preventive maintenance program
- Technical support and troubleshooting for manufacturing.
- New product introduction and technology transfer
- Process Hazard Management Program (PHMP), Process Safety Management (PSM) and Canada Risk Management Program (RMP) requirements.
- Management of change (MOC) process
- Process hazard analysis (PHA) and risk assessment
- Product Safety Information (PSI) files
- Pre-startup safety reviews (PSSR)
- Process incident investigation and resolution
- Other duties as assigned
Working Experience and Education:
- Bachelordegree in Chemical Engineering
- US Certified Engineer
- Minimum 8years project management, project engineering, process engineering, construction management experience in chemical process industry or related field. Iron or Aluminum Inorganic chemical manufacturing experience a plus.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Familiar with requirements of PSM, RMP standards
- Proven leadership skills
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications