Provide guidance and deliver planning execution plans and schedules to suit the project execution strategy and needs from both and internal and external aspect. Ensure accurate and timely reporting input to the project and work within the project applicable procedures and process workflows.
To fulfill the requirements of the position the incumbent must develop collaborative working relationships with Global Engineering and Manufacturing (GEM) team members, along strong business leadership with all internal functions.
- Motivated to help achieve an industry leading regional project planning team capable of managing internal/external customer projects including EPCs, both within the office and construction site.
- Use Air Products planning IT systems and functional discipline work processes to provide reliable and consistent reporting to ensure that we can meet the project, regional/global project portfolio and business requirements.
- Collaborate with the Product Line and Project Execution team to develop and deliver competitive project schedules aligned to the execution scope and strategy during the bid phase through award and execution, ensuring the growth of Air Products businesses whilst consistently delivering on project commitments in terms of cost and schedule.
- Develop and maintain accurate progress & earned value measurement systems for engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning to ensure credible control throughout the project execution phase.
- Provide close collaboration with and support across the other regional and global teams to ensure effective resource sharing, lessons learned, best practices and the development of appropriate work processes and procedures across the global execution teams.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10 years' project planning experience. Sound knowledge, proven skills and competencies in application of project planning principles, methodologies and tools, supporting all phases of project execution, particularly around schedule development, progress measurement/reporting and earned value, within a large project oriented EPC or Owner Organization. Must have a track record of delivering accurate schedule information, reporting and guidance to senior management. Experience within an Oil & Gas, Chemical processing or related business and equivalent projects a further benefit.
- Global Project Planning Experience: Proven skills and experience of planning of projects on global basis, executed by multiple engineering offices. Understanding of a variety of project types, structures and contract terms. This includes sale of gas (SOG), third party sale of equipment (SOE) and joint ventures.
- Flexibility: Potential to travel internationally to other regional engineering offices as well as domestically to support project/organizational needs.
- Determined, adaptable and resilient. Able to achieve success under significant pressure, evolving requirements, and conflicting priorities.
- Culturally astute. Experience and ability to work with different cultures associated with multi-region project execution, and to therefore achieve success with a multi-cultural team. Experience of Customer and external stakeholder regional cultures, and ability to achieve success with those cultures
- Relationship network. Established and proven internal relationships with key individuals in all teams in all regions, with the ability to build strong relationships to apply leverage to execute the project.
- Core competencies: Commercial and technical acumen, detailed working knowledge of project planning tools and systems. Proven skills in planning coupled with a working knowledge of project management, business development and finance.