Position Summary: The Project Planner validates and organizes maintenance projects that exceed eight hours of total labor effort. These projects may be referred direct to the planner by Work Control Team (WCT) validate the scope and complexity of incoming work requests.
The Project Planner evaluates the detailed work parameters; the skills, time, material and equipment required; and, the conditions and accessibility of the work site. The PP develops a preliminary schedule, cost estimate and summary justification for the project for customer and client approval. Ensures full compliance and completion of the on-demand process and approval criteria.
The planner coordinates the scheduling and implementation of the work with team members, including Facility Supervisors, Contracts Manager, Housekeeping Manager and others as needed. As the project progresses, the PP submits status reporting on labor utilization, completion milestones and cost.
The PP compiles Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to focus and initiate Business Process Development events to continuously improve Safety, Quality, Cost, Responsiveness, People and Environment (SQCRPE).
- Know and uphold Aramark’s policies, procedures and Service Agreement with the client to allow customers and tenants to focus on their core business. Take ownership of campus wide facilities, infrastructure and grounds, and drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance facility performance, operating effectiveness and cost efficiency.
- Engage the site planners and project executives to gauge client priorities and options to separate, consolidate, defer or pursue project requests based on the client’s plans for site development. Assist in forecasting demand levels and priorities for the site repairs, upgrades and improvements.
- Receive and log project requests, perform initial review of scope and work requirements, determine appropriate disposition and communicate with the Client for approval to proceed or support in informing requestor of alternative resolution to needs.
- Conduct rigorous process to validate requirements and devise work plan and resources. Ensure compliance with safety and building codes and regulations, and technology standards and constraints. Estimate schedule and cost, document the project’s justification and submit approval. Revise as required and resubmit; or, if denied, inform requestor and, if possible, suggest options.
- Upon client approval, orient operations and support staff to project plan; confirm project supervisor’s understanding and ownership of plan; assist in modifying the plan to meet conditions of work, resource availability and changing customer requirements. Seek further approvals if scope, schedule or costs vary significantly from approved plan.
- Monitor and report progress of the work, labor expenditures, using TKS to assure funding for UAW trades, review cost vs. budget and track customer satisfaction. Collaborate with facility operations, alerting them to variances to project plans that require client notification.
- Review project planning and coordination and develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for productivity and process improvements, cost reductions and similar “best practice” initiatives. Evaluate trends, and align with Work Control Team and the Client to update forecasts of maintenance projects and capital plan requirements.
- Participate in corrective action / Kaizen initiatives related to deficiencies and non-compliances with respect to response time, work quality, asset reliability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related curriculum. Licensing or Certification by recognized professional bodies preferred (AIA, NSPE, IFMA, AFE, etc.) Coursework indicating advanced professional development.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of relevant technical experience as Facility Manager, Project Engineer, Planner/Scheduler or Maintenance Supervisor. Knowledge of integrated facility operations, automated technologies and systems maintenance in engineering/research environment, with significant responsibility for customer relations.
- Experience and proficiency with project management and scheduling solutions in large scale, technical operations and all aspects of planning, staffing, scheduling and cost estimating.
- Administrative experience related to project management, including safety cost tracking, progress monitoring, reporting and corrective action planning.