Bergmann represents more than three decades of culture built upon the work of our dedicated, client-focused experts. We are a full service architectural and engineering design firm employing some of the most talented practitioners in the industry. Bergmann is currently seeking an experienced Planner to work on challenging and rewarding projects with a team of talented professionals in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Within a professional services team setting, you will have the opportunity to work and pursue professional growth alongside other planners, engineers and architects. Job Summary: The successful candidate will bring a passion for urban planning and design, as well as working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment. The opportunity exists to both grow Bergmann’s planning practice in Philadelphia and contribute to the planning practice in multiple Bergmann offices. The position can be located in either our Conshohocken or Center City Philadelphia office.
Essential Duties:The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Every Bergmann employee is expected to help in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Experience working in the City of Philadelphia or surrounding region.
- Business development and client management.
- Experience working on a range of projects, including:
- Downtown revitalization
- Park and trail planning and design
- Regional plans
- Sustainability planning
- Signature corridors and complete streets
- Zoning ordinances, comprehensive and land use plans
- Transportation planning
- Brownfield reuse planning
- Waterfront planning and design
- 5 - 10 years of experience in the field of urban planning or associated design field;
- Professional planning accreditation, license in Landscape Architecture is a plus;
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills;
- GIS experience and capabilities;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to work collaboratively on complex, multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task.