If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Project Manager III works on a wide range of assignments that are complex, up to and including Enterprise-wide assignments. Often defines procedures or identifies innovative solutions for how to complete project management tasks. Is a primary driver of collaboration on project teams. Influences decision-making and actively engages with business leaders, sponsors and key stakeholders to ensure optimum business value delivery. Regularly acts as a mentor and role model for other project managers.
- Utilizing project management methodology, plan and manage projects of varying complexity, priority and risk that focus on the design and development of business solutions.
- Facilitate cross-functional and cross-organizational team members in a matrixed-managed environment.
- Create and manage all aspects of project, including project communications, project schedule, issue and risk tracking, change management plan and associated activities.
- Apply business and technical knowledge to initiate corrective actions, as appropriate, to ensure that deliverables are produced on time, within budget, and in accordance with quality standards.
- Communicate, facilitate and collaborate in a wide variety of settings and projects that are complex, up to and including enterprise-wide assignments
- Influence decision making and actively engage with project leaders, sponsors, and key stakeholders to ensure optimum business value delivery.
- Act as a mentor and role model for other team members.
- Experience in managing projects of various size and complexity
- Excellent communication, time/project management, creative problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience in business process analysis preferred
- Experience in insurance operations preferred, Employee Benefits Division experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Project preferred, experience in process modeling and requirements management software a plus
Education, Experience & Professional Certifications: Typically requires demonstrated expertise in Project Management that has been gained via a combination of education, certification processes, and/or practical experience per the following:
- Required: A minimum of 5-8 years of progressive experience in providing project management in employee benefits, financial services, technology delivery, or other related fields
- Desired: Bachelor and/or Masters degree in Business or a related field preferred. Achievement of, or progression toward: Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), certification in Business Analysis or Process or Performance Management
- Highly encouraged: Membership in local project management association
Knowledge: Sought out for communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills in a variety of settings and projects. Has and applies a thorough understanding of project management discipline and navigates successfully through or improves company procedures and policies.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.