Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Be one of the primary contacts for delivery of high visibility and higher risk IS initiatives and programs. Contribute to the formulation of approved business plans, operating plans and budgets in line with IS strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop and continuously improve project management toolkits and methodologies used within the PMO across the business. Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
- Develop positive relationships with business partners. Work with the business areas and teams to ensure that requirements are documented, and agreed upon prior to project initiation. Work with the business areas to establish project timelines, scope, resources and effort. Articulate the business impact including workload, cost, limitations and risk.
- Assist with coordination and execution of IS governance. Produce and maintain a comprehensive listing of committed IS projects and new project requests.
- Provide IS project management support and consulting. Assist and advise IS project sponsors and teams to the best use of project management tools, methodologies, disciplines and approaches. Help ensure consistent use of PPM tools, methodologies and processes to support achievement of business objectives through successfully planned and executed projects and programs.
- Develop and Implement with PMO Director and PMO Manager a PMO training curriculum, development framework and process to enhance the Project and Program Management skills of the organization.
- A key point of contact for Project and Program management mentoring and coaching across IS.
- Help IS leaders on resource planning, report and manage issues relating to any critical resource conflicts. Take a leadership role in exploring and analyzing new services, application functions and technologies, assist in ROI research and Benefits realization estimates and planning.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across IS programs. Build relationships with IS stakeholders at all levels. Mentor less experienced project managers.
- Participate in annual IS budgeting and planning, assist IS leaders to ensure that capital and expense spend are in alignment with budget and forecast.
- Strong relationship and management skills — must possess the ability to interface and influence all levels of the organization and across functional boundaries. Must be able to effectively present information, influence, persuade and effectively respond to questions from various stakeholders.
- This position requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. This position further requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of managers and employees in the organization.
- Customer service skills and ability to work with people at all levels of the organization required.
- Planning and organization — strong time management and planning skills to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in business requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Teamwork — must be able to lead inter-company and cross-functional teams to meet objectives.
- Dynamic personality that is not afraid to challenge others in a professional manner.
- Analytical skills — must possess strong self-sufficient technical problem solving and decision making skills. Strong attention to details.
- Accountability — must take responsibility for own actions and results with adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Strong project management skills. Experienced in organizing, planning and executing large-scale IT projects from vision to implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and business partners. Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to operate successfully in a corporate and divisional, matrix environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to achieve results through influence and persuasion.
- Proven planning, organization, financial and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to create, articulate and execute strategies aligned to company objectives.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field from a four-year college or university.
- 7 years of experience in Project Management, with at least 4 of those years managing IS projects. Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills. Collaborates well with all levels of internal and external resources, ability to work directly with executives, end users and consultants. Must be able to handle many responsibilities at once with priorities. Must be able to ensure consistent performance without supervision.
- 5 years of experience working as a business and/or technology consultant in healthcare and/or service industry.
- Project Management methodology experience with Waterfall/PMBOK, Agile or Scrum.
- Budget development and administration