The Implementation Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of small cell products in support of 5G deployment. Candidate will be responsible for working with the regional fiber teams to develop best practice processes & standards for small cell implementation. They will also be tasked with identifying and driving implementation of system changes/requirements needed to in support of the large project deployments.
- Project management for large small cell projects
- Master Plan the overall project. Identify project components, teams involved and inter-relationships between work functions.
- Planning & coordination of team resources (SDC, OSP PM/CM, Fiber Engineer, customer PM/CM, etc.) to setup and manage overall project schedule
- Development and Implementation of best practice processes & standards for small cell deployment projects
- Provide roll-up forecast to SDC for revenue forecasting (salesforce) and customer communications
- Track contract compliance for each of the projects
- Apply customer priorities, room ready dates and other customer input to project schedules
- Analysis of project schedule updates - variance analysis, identification of upside & downside risks, identification of processes in need of correction.
- Critical path identification and key issue resolution. Anticipation, mitigation and escalation of project issues as required
- Ability to create status reports for upward executive management
- Strong Microsoft Excel software skills and data management
- Business oversight of Start Early process - including milestone management, key decision making and resolution of issues
- Network design oversight and define network build into addressable/prioritized pieces.
- Oversight of the MMHH process. Ensure proper documentation is in place, change is being managed and process is under governance.
- Host weekly/daily project calls
- Weekly project status report to project team and functional mgmt.
- Attend weekly customer call and provide project specific updates
- Travel requirements (when applicable)
- 5+ years of project management and/or outside plant construction in Telecom required
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering or related field preferred with a PMP Certification a plus
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, as well as, strong interpersonal skills as they will be required to interface with peers, executives, customers and vendors.