As a member of the ClickSoftware Professional Services Group, the Project Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation of the ClickSoftware Suite of products.
This position requires good interpersonal and account management skills. The ideal candidate is extremely organized and comfortable in a multi-tasking environment.
- Primary point-of-contact within Professional Services, for all project related activities. Ultimately responsible for ensuring a successful implementation at the customer's site.
- Resource Management: Coordinate activities of the ClickSoftware project team and customer from project inception through successful completion.
- Integration Management: Devise initial project plan, monitor the execution of various activities, and coordinate any changes.
- Cost Management: Manage and track project budget, utilization, and other project-related costs.
- Time Management: Manage and track resource scheduling, and project time utilization
- Scope Management: Manage changes to project scope, through a formal change management policy
- Project Communication: Track progress and report status internally and to clients throughout the project life cycles.
- Risk Management: Identify, analyze, and respond to project risks, as they occur.
- Quality Management: Lead quality acceptance activities, for each of the project milestones
- Participate in, and co-lead, the Functional Requirements Workshop / Project Kick-off Meeting. Draft the Functional Requirements Specification for the project
- Coordinate transition from Professional Services to on-going Support, at the completion of the project
- S./M.S in Computer Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent.
- Ability to maintain excellent colleague and customer relationships.
- Experience managing Full Life Cycle Solution Delivery projects.
- Familiarity with Risk Management and Quality management.
- Experience anticipating problems and initiating corrective action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 3-5 years experience in a team-leading role with direct responsibility for managing the activities (task assignments, budgets, schedules, etc.) of three or more team members.
- Prior experience should include some technical skills such as customer software development, systems integration, software quality assurance, product development or similar.
- Familiarity and knowledge of ERP/CRM systems preferred.
- Familiarity with the service industry, scheduling, or logistics is a big plus.
- Willingness to travel, as the job requires (estimated at 20%).