Connection Services has a fantastic opportunity through our technical staffing division in Janesville, WI. We are looking for a Agile Project Manager. This is a direct hire position.
The Project Manager will work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. The Project Manager should understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. The Project Manager will work as Senior Project Manager. The Project Manager is the centralized management of the processes, methods, and technologies used by Business Analysts to analyze and collectively manage current or proposed projects based on numerous key characteristics.
- Ability to align the decision-making process for estimating and selecting new projects with the strategic plan. The candidate will assist in determining whether and how a set of projects in the portfolio can be executed with finite development resources in a specific time.
- Works with other PM's and BA's to focus on efficient and effective deployment of resources where and when they are needed.
- Captures and controls prioritization of change requests that can include new requirements, features, functions, operational constraints, regulatory demands, and technical enhancements.
- Continuously improves the accuracy for estimating and managing the financial resources of a project or group of projects.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Develops a project plan to deliver the proposed approach, including time and cost estimates.
- Oversees the design, development and implementation phases of the project, coordinating with the customers, vendors, and other relevant areas of IT
Required Qualifications and Education
- Minimum of 5 years in project management
- Experience with Agile Methodology for development and portfolio management.
- Use of enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Must possess strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Experience in information technology to include: Experience in all phases of system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Leading cross-functional/cross-departmental teams.
- Familiarity with Atlassian product Suite
- PMP certification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent client facing communication skills