At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Project Manager, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. With you as a leader of the design team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Manage all phases of design throughout project scope, including project set-up, design and construction administration.
- Create and communicate clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements
- Manage project scheduling, budgets, and set-up with clients, sub-contractors, vendors and consultants
- Prepare project team work-plans and manage a range of project team sizes, comprised of project architects, interior designers, job captains and consultants
- Actively manage and track financial performance of project
- Prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process
- Ensure projects conform to contract
- Actively leading teams for successful delivery of projects
- Managing client expectations, team communication and oversight of consultant coordination.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Interior Architecture from an accredited school
- 10+ years of related experience, including demonstrated success as a project manager on various corporate interiors projects
- Proficient in Revit
- Strong abilities in managing fees, schedules and staffing
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring multiple project teams
- Experience negotiating project scope and fees
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle and design process through post-occupancy
- Experience with technical and/or design aspects of documenting corporate interiors projects
- Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on corporate interior projects
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- A quick learner with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written + verbal communication and management skills to include leadership, organization and client relationship management skills
- Collaborative and team-conscious
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact, grace and style
- Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
- Registered Architect or Interior Designer preferred