Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale.
Whether we are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
As a Gensler Senior Project Manager, you have a successful track record of managing all phases of architecture projects and will have overall project responsibility for client satisfaction, quality control and financial performance.
You will deploy resources to ensure that the work process flows smoothly and act as the primary liaison between the team and client. This is a great opportunity to join a highly creative, collaborative team while working on trendsetting architectural projects across a variety of industries.
What You Will Do
- Implement one or more client projects through the leadership of project teams; Provide leadership to client and team by communicating project objectives, contract scope, terms, and schedule
- Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, and project set-up with clients, sub-contractors, vendors and contractors
- Prepare project proposals and negotiate contracts and fees; bid projects to multiple general contractors
- Track and manage financial performance of project for success (e.g., work plan, schedule, fees, change orders, billings and collections)
- Manage project lifecycle; estimating, bidding, project kick-off, weekly coordination, punch list, turnover, opening, and project close-out
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- 15+ years of related project managementexperience on a range of architecture projects
- Professional license or certification preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Experience negotiating project scope, fees, managing project financial performance, and ensuring fiscal responsibility for projects
- Experience with the full project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Basic technical understanding of architectural design, interior and furniture design
- Experience with project management software, such as MS Project, a plus
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.