Job Code - JC1303
Founded in 1989, CALNET, Inc. is a privately held company in the Technology, Intelligence Analysis, and Language Services consulting arena. Headquartered in Reston, VA and with a branch office in San Diego, CALNET employees deliver true value to our customers by employing best practices, world class technologies industry expertise in every project. CALNET is an ISO 9001, ISO 20000, CMMI-Level III and ISO 27001:2013 certified.
We are currently searching for a talented, professional “Project Manager” working at the Pentagon, located in Arlington County, VA, across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. We are looking for a Project Manager candidate with extensive Information Technology (IT) services Department of Defense (DoD) background for the Joint Staff (JS) J6 supporting the Deputy Director, Chief Information Officer / Information Technology Services (DD CIO/ITS) to provide IT services across the Joint Staff. The Project Manager will manage ongoing projects at the National Capital Region (70%), Hampton Roads (25%), and Norfolk/Suffolk (5%).
- Provides IT project management support for DD CIO/ITS mission requirements through:
- Accomplishment of following PMBOK current edition standards
- Ensure all projects have well-defined requirements and deliverables
- Effective means of creating plans of actions and milestones include decision points for correction, go/no-go decisions and identify a means for tracking progress
- Work collaboratively with service providers to ensure delivery of externally provided services (including US European Command, US Central Command, DISA, JSP, DIA, 114th Signal Battalion)
- Provides Project After Action Reports to ensure any deviations from the process are documented and other team members apprised
- Supports government development of JS IT PM policies as well as documentation of IT PM procedures
- Leads efforts to develop PM SOPs for IT projects
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively with the COR on showing progress on all active projects.
- Identifies and tracks risks including developing a mitigation plan as needed.
- Tracks Earned Value Management (EVM) metrics as needed (i.e. SV, CV, SPI, CPI)
- Will manage a team of other Project Managers and technical staff located at the Pentagon and also Norfolk, Suffolk, and Hampton Roads, VA. This position is anticipated to require a maximum of 30% travel to other remote sites such as Norfolk, Suffolk, and Hampton Roads, VA.
- Must have an active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of similar task related experience in managing IT projects.
- Project Managers with “prior hands-on technical background” in Alfresco’s eDTRM, systems administration, help desk support, and/or Microsoft-based software development will be preferred.
- BS degree (MS preferred) in a technical field (Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, or Management Information Systems), or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.