Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Energy Advisory group is seeking a Wind Project Manager to join our Independent Engineer team. The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the strong growth of DNV GL Independent Engineering consulting services worldwide. This position is responsible for providing technical consulting and producing independent engineeringreports for Clients that are due diligence assessments of wind projects. DNV GL clients are often financial companies relying upon the report as part of their investment decision making process.
This position could be based out of our Toronto, ON or Montreal, QC office.
Tasks May Include
- Developing and concluding proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists.
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports.
- Following up on open issues with the Client, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Leading meetings with clients to discuss IE report questions and concerns.
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing audits.
- Supporting financial closing of projects relying upon the IE report and conclusion of project construction monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or other relevant degree from accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in heavy industry/construction/management plus one yearexperience in the wind industry; or
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing technical or financial reviews within the wind industry
- At least 2 years of experience woking in project management
- Understanding of budgets and financial models
- Fluent in MS Office products
- Able to establish and maintain good relations w/ clients
- Proven HSE mindset and demonstrated behavior-based safety mentality
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 30% of the time
- Able to climb wind turbines with appropriate gear (approximately 100 meters up a vertical ladder in all climate conditions)
- Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites
- Work in inclement weather conditions on occasion.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Proven track record of excellent/productive written skills for report preparation
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Preferred Qualifications (Not required):
- Master’s Degreepreferred
- 2 years or more of experience in wind industry
- 2 years or more of work experience with project finance, e.g. loan draws, financial models, and CAPEX/OPEX.
- 2 years or more of experience in a technical consulting role
- Experience with construction and operating contracts
Requisition ID 2017-9699