The Project Manager assists the company in meeting its objectives and goals by overseeing and directing assigned commercial mechanicalconstruction projects at various locations in Connecticut and taking appropriate actions to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with defined resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare bids and job quotes for projects
* Manage construction projects
* Execute and manage terms of project contracts
* Make sure a complete scope of work is defined
* Monitor project budgets and labor costs
* Monitor and prepare project schedules with milestone deadlines to be achieved.
* Review, analyze and make recommendations on project change orders
* Estimate/price change orders as required
* Analyze plans and subsequent construction documents to confirm project requirements and opportunities for value engineering
* Prepare documents for billing purposes and coordinate with accounting personnel.
* Review project with President, Vice President of Operations and CFO periodically and per request.
* Maintain regular communication and collaboration
* Spending time on assigned job sites
* Prepare and manage communications with general contractors, Owners, or construction managers for assigned projects
* Recommend methods and/or improvements based on project needs and resource capabilities.
* Report and resolve employee concerns and/or grievances as needed
* Ensure job site employees maintain a safe work environment
* Attend and conduct meetings as required
* Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, the individual must have 5-7 years construction work-related experience and/or bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Must be proficient in the following: Microsoft Office - Excel and Word. Bluebeam Revu PDF editing and COINs experience is preferred.
• The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Must prioritize in a fast paced, multi-task environment
• Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions
• Must work with minimal supervision
• Must effectively manage time and details
• Must interpret a variety of instructions, provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Must have organizational skills in handling & archiving technical data
• Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, plans, and programs
• Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, vendors, and supplier