Weston Solutions is seeking a full-time Project Manager to manage design, construction and/or renovation projects for Federal facilities (potentially in secure spaces) located primarily within the Western Region of the United States.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering or construction management.
- 5-10 years of experience in the design, construction/renovation, and commissioning of complex communications, mechanical and electrical systems, including HVAC and controls. Experience in cost estimating, project controls and engineering takeoffs and buyout of projects.
- Active DOD Secret or Top Secret security clearance preferred.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Experience with Federal contracting, EM385-1-1 and Construction Quality Control, cost and schedule tracking, and subcontractor management.
- Experience with RF and/or EMI (HEMP) enclosure construction and testing.
- Willing to travel to jobsite location and work with a team of engineers, designers, tradesmen, and subcontractors.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with clients, project staff, subcontractors, regulators and other project stakeholders.
- Ability to recruit, build, mentor, and foster an engineering team as a leader.
- Day-to-day project management including: development and management of project scopes, schedules, and budgets to drive profitable project results; compliance with contractual terms; setting quality expectations and assuring quality control is accomplished; effective management of all subcontractors; timely documentation, notification, and management of scope changes; active communication with the client regarding technical progress and the status of the schedule and budget; and timely and accurate invoicing.
- Diligent and timely compliance with and implementation of all project contractual requirements as well as company business practices.
- Execution of all work professionally, safely, and ethically according to company values.
- Effective proposal development to support Weston’s growing field of secure design/renovation/construction services at federal facilities.
- Staff engagement through recruiting and mentorship to build and strengthen the team; identification of development opportunities for project technical staff.