Manages, oversees, and leads design and project management for all wayfinding, interior and exterior signage, location plans and environmental branding projects to ensure consistency and compliance with Children’s branding standards and strategy. Direct design and manage multiple complex projects concurrently.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, industrial design, graphic design, interior design, or related field
- No professional certifications required
- 5 years of architecture, design and/or project management experience
- 2 years of experience managing others/vendors
- Knowledge of safety, building, OSHA and ADA codes as they relate to signage and wayfinding
- Experience in the healthcare planning, design and construction industry
- Experience in design software such as AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Sketchup and/or similar design software packages
- Revit/3D software experience is a plus
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Ability to read architectural plans, sections and details
- An excellent eye for design and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems crossing functional boundaries
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with groups or teams
- Demonstrated ability to confront and creatively manage conflict
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels
- Develops and manages all wayfinding strategies, signage, location plans, informational and environmental branding projects from concept to installation.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop and present graphic design elements (wayfinding and signage).
- Ability to hand draw/sketch potential solutions to effectively communicate deign intent to internal customers and signage vendors.
- Researches city and/or county zoning code and permitting requirements as it relates to signage and branding.
- Develops and successfully manages projects, clients, vendors, bid process and project schedule and budgets.
- Develops and maintains standards for all wayfinding, signage and branding elements.
- Works with internal departments/clients to interpret needs and navigate through the design and decision making process.
- Designs interior and exterior signage/branding programs and initiatives.
- Oversees the work of architectural, graphic, interior design teams and/or signage companies.
- Monitors the contracting process for all vendors to ensure compliance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Children’s brand standards are met and consistent.
- Maintains project-level data and reporting information for use in long-term historical reporting.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external resources to facilitate a successful project that minimizes impact to the end user.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible while keeping the utmost attention to detail.
- Coordinates between internal departments, architectural firms, signage fabricators and end users on projects and initiatives.
- Encourages ongoing skill development by providing opportunities for continued education.
Requisition #: 23091