Project Manager (Water / Wastewater)
5 - 7 years experience • Architecture & Construction
Job Purpose and Overview
Provides overall management direction to one or more projects, establishes project objectives and policies, maintains liaison with client, and monitors construction and financial activities through administrative direction of onsite Superintendent; as well as mentoring Project Engineers.
- Manages critical subcontractors
- Initiates and maintains relationships with clients, subcontractors and
- Creates and manages a schedule of values and pay applications
- Assists in creating and carrying out a job specific safety
- Ensures a quality control plan is developed and
- Manages the procurement process including labor, equipment, materials and
- Prepares and maintains accurate financialforecastingwith an emphasis on labor, equipment and cash
- Creates and manages the project schedule (cost and resource loaded as required)
- Participates in all preconstruction
This Job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time and this job description may be revised with or without notice.
- Position reports to: Market Channel Leader
- Position is mentored by: Senior Project Manager
- Position is a mentor for: Project Engineer, Senior Project Engineer
- Position to work closelywith: Project Superintendent, Superintendent, Senior Superintendent
Level of Responsibility
Project Size : Effectively and efficiently manage the company’s small to mid-size projects.
Project Team : Project Engineer, Superintendent
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish collaborative relationship with clients
- Experience in participating in labor negotiations favorable
- Member of a professional organization helpful
- Member of a community organization helpful
- Participate in career fairs and recruitment
- Keep up with current technology (BIM, 3D Modelling, Pipe Detailing, )
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- 4year BS degree in engineering, construction management or equivalent
- 5-10 years of constructionexperience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to a prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Technically proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook required. Primavera/Oracle scheduling, Sage Timberline, AutoCad, and Viewpoint are a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record. Motor Vehicle reportrequired. LEED certification a plus.
PE certification a plus.
Light or low amount of physical exertion. Limited manual dexterity or physical manipulation. Minimal or low level of physical stamina and endurance. Maintain regular and punctual attendance, work overtime as assigned, travel overnight as required, drive long distances, work in cold, hot, dusty, loud environments, and comply with all company policies and procedures including safety.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Water/Wastewater (Water treatment facilities): 1year