Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
At KCI, we’re building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game. Because life’s more fun when you own it.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
KCI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
KCI Benefits Guide 2021
Duties, Responsibilities & Other
- Responsible for project management, client interaction, and technical and fee proposal preparation within the designated engineering practice. Responsible for the management of projects, development of scopes and budgets, conducting engineering studies and preparing technical reports for a wide variety of high profile projects. Responsible for assisting the engineering practice leader in project budgets and technical deliverables, QA/QC reviews for project or task deliverables, technical and price proposals, communication and interaction with external and internal clients. Other duties will include marketing, business development and expansion of the engineering practice.
- One or more of the following: 1. In a supervisory capacity a) plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a number of large and important projects or a project of major scope and importance or b) is responsible for the entire engineering program of limited complextiy and scope. The extent of responsbility generally require (3 to 5) subordinate supervisors or team leaders with at least one in comparable position to Project Engineer. 2. As individual researcher or worker, conceives, plans and conducts research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity. 3. As a staff specialist, serves as specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes for an assigned area of responsiblity. Keeps abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting KCI for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis of program or new programs warranted by such developments. Assists in proposals, negotiations, and presentations.
- Good communication, supervisory and mentoring skills, reliable, attention to details and accuracy are necessary. Valid driver's licenses to travel as needed to project sites, client meetings and growing the business.
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated business development and project management experience within the past 2-4 years.
- The candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to work with a diverse team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 - 12 years of professional experience.
- Appropriate professional certification preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
- Complete Annual Individual Training Program
- Mentor and train staff
- Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
- Develop and maintain customer relationships by soliciting monthly performance feedback, identifying client needs, and identifying the next project
- Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
- Ensure projects fulfill ISO compliance requirements
- Manage work routine of all assigned staff and assign job activities as required
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Provide input to develop project-specific safety plans and implement project safety plans and ensure compliance with all Federal, state, and local safety rules and regulations
- Report monthly proposal results to operations manager
- Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target(75%-80% typical)
- Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
- Chart and provide project performance results
- Consult and coordinate with other practices and sub-consultants as required
- Deliver all projects on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
- Ensure effective use of equipment and personnel
- Meet monthly(or more frequently as necessary) with project analyst to review project invoices
- Meet monthly with practice leader to review project performance
- Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget parameters
- Prepare and submit monthly project completion report
- Prepare interpractice agreements and/or outside requests as required
- Prepare monthly progress reports for all projects
- Prepare monthly project staff utilization plan
- Propose and negotiate scope, schedule and fee estimate for tasks and projects
- Provide bi-weekly percent complete data to project assistant
- Provide monthly project updates to practice leader
- Provide monthly WIP/AR comments to the operations manager
- Provide technical project and staff oversight
- Provide weekly new project budget data to the practice leader
- Serve as project or task manager on select projects
- Compare field data to design plans
- Conduct site visits and gather data, including measurements, sketches, notes and photographs as needed
- Prepare preliminary concept designs and submit for approval
- Read and interpret technical documents required for project execution
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.