Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. (RMS) is a subsidiary of Walter Investment Management Corporation along with Ditech. Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. (RMS) was formed in March 2007 by a group of leading mortgage and technology executives to meet the growing demand for the servicing and private label sub-servicing of reverse mortgages. With corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas we are proud to be a HUD-, FHA- and Fannie Mae-approved servicer with a “STRONG” rating from Standard & Poor’s Rating Services. At RMS we recognize that our employees are our most valuable assets. We operate with an entrepreneurial spirit: we move quickly, adapt to changes in the marketplace, and are focused on being the leading servicer of reverse mortgages. We offer a wide range of positions in a workplace that fosters career growth for talented and motivated professionals. This is your unique opportunity to join our team!
The Project Manager will work with business stakeholders to develop integrated project and resource plans while helping teams to stay on schedule.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Own and drive timelines by creating and maintaining schedules (including key deliverables, milestones, and dependencies), understanding the deliverables and the progress toward each milestone while identifying and driving resolution of all project issues;
Effectively manage change and risk, partnering with the team to ensure the right decisions are made at the right time, appropriate communication occurs and that plans are intelligently adjusted to reflect necessary fluctuations in goals and requirements as business needs change;
Coordinate and communicate with internal customers as needed to set and manage expectations, highlight and resolve issues and ensure an overall excellent experience working with the PMO team;
Lead and drive project team to successful planning and implementation of project completion (on time, on budget, full scope).
Develop and maintain productive working relationships with business partners and systems community.
Work with business to validate requirement definitions, Based on evaluation of business plans/opportunities analysis; recommend projects.
Assess alternatives for economic feasibility, budget impact and delivery risk;
Manage and guide the design, development, testing and implementation activities for the entire project using structured methods/techniques.
Develop, integrate and coordinate the project budget, scope of work, project schedule and project team.
Negotiate with resource teams on availability, commitments, dates, and deliverables.
Performs related duties as required.
* BA/BS in Business, or a field related degree, or a combination of education and experience in Project Management
* A minimum 10 years’ experience in project management required;
* Experience with financial industry development projects. Mortgage banking project experience preferred.
* Proven track record of managing component projects within a larger program or integrated product suite, with complex upstream and downstream dependencies.
* Expert in use of project management tools, in particular MS Project and Excel;
* Proven experience in risk management, release and change management
* Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail, follow-through and ability to use analysis to drive decisions
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Proactive, collaborative work style and can-do attitude
* Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines imposed by rapid business growth, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines